Information for Voters
Tuesday, November 7, 2017
6:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Verify your voter registration & polling location
- General Voter Information
- Voter Registration Information
- Voter ID Requirements
- Early/ Absentee Voting
- College Students
- Need A Ride To The Polls?
[This page was updated on October 17, 2017 and reflects the latest information available for the November 7, 2017 general election in Virginia.]
President Lyndon Johnson called the right to vote,
the most powerful tool ever devised by man to break down the walls of injustice. Voting is your fundamental right as an American, and the most basic means by which you have a voice in how your government works. Voting determines who will represent you, your family, and your neighbors in your community, your state, and your country. We need your help to get everyone registered to vote and to make sure every vote is counted in Fairfax County.
- Verify you are registered to vote at your current address
- Find out your registered polling location
The deadline to register to vote, or to update your registration has passed. Please use the link above to verify your registration and your polling location.
The general election is Tuesday, November 7, 2017, 6:00 am – 7:00 pm.
As long as you show up at the polls ON TIME (by 7:00 pm), you cannot be turned away without voting on a machine or by casting a provisional ballot. Please be sure you are at your correct precinct polling location.
Virginia law requires all voters to provide an acceptable form of PHOTO identification (ID) at the polls. Please make sure you bring your PHOTO ID with you to vote.
2017 General Election Calendar
- Friday, September 22, 2017 – in–person absentee voting (
early voting) begins.
- Monday, October 16, 2017 – Voter registration deadline for general election*:
- Tuesday, October 31, 2017, 5:00 pm - Mail-in absentee ballot application deadline.
- Saturday, November 4, 2017, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm - Last day for in-person absentee voting.
- Tuesday, November 7, 2017, 6:00 am – 7:00 pm - ELECTION DAY (All absentee ballots must be RECEIVED by the Office of Elections by 7:00 pm on November 7, 2017 in order to be counted for this election.)